In the thirteenth hour of Dragon Age: Awakening, I get shit done. Intrigued? Then it’s time for Mark to play Dragon Age.
For real, so much stuff got done, y’all. Remember when I had thirty-four quests at once? I’ve whittled it down to seven. I AM AWESOME.
- Oh god, am I going to be able to romance Justice at some point? Once I entered the throne room at Vigil’s Keep, a cutscene was triggered where Justice reminisced about how weird it was to be in a human body, and how confusing humanity was. Ultimately, though, he was thankful for the Lyrium Ring I gave him because THERE IS NO MUSIC IN THE FADE. Well, that is heartbreaking. My approval with him is already fairly high, and he’s only been a part of my party for a couple hours.
- Velenna also expressed appreciation that I gave her that blank journal. She wants to start recording her own history to help rebuild the tradition of storytelling in the Dalish clan. That’s awesome! Except I got no approval points from here. Please stop hating me, please.
- I gifted a toy pony to Oghren, and he haphazardly approved of it because he once said he wanted a pony??? Oghren, you are so drunk all the time, I swear.
- All right, Amaranthine! I sort of missed you. Aiden still won’t talk to me, though there’s a quest arrow above his head all the time. Can I kill him just to get this over with?
- Steafan, that dude I rescued in Kal’Hirol, was also here! He was so happy to see me again, until I asked whether he was infected by the taint. Wow, he disappeared rather quickly after I brought that up.
- I earned 30 sovereigns from Mervis for taking care of the merchants in the Wending Wood! HUZZAH!
- And that’s when I realized I’d forgotten to complete THREE quests in the Wending Wood. I left Ines behind, I had more statue rubbings to complete, and I’d never gotten the sylvanwood samples for the Chantry. WHOOPS. I’ll get on it, I swear!
- Ah, the Dark Wolf is here!!! TIME TO FIND OUT WHO MY CONSPIRATORS ARE!
- L O L LOOK AT HIS FACE.
- Except I don’t. The dude couldn’t determine their identities. I gave you fifty sovereigns, you fool. You better give me their birthdates and the exact dirt road they live off of in Ferelden.
- Oh, I have to go back to Old Stark’s Farm? Butts.
- I went up to the Chantry in the hopes that Aura was there. She was! This quest was very easy to take care of, and I earned +10 points approval from Justice. It’s just my luck that I’m going to romance the one character who is a spirit existing in someone else’s body. WHATEVER.
- While I’m glad I completed them, the three remaining quests in the Wending Wood weren’t that exciting. I COULD NOT FIND THE EIGHTH STATUE FOR SO LONG. I wish I’d remembered to do this all at once.
- That finished, I traveled to Old Stark’s Farm to discover my group of traitors!
- It wasn’t until they died that I got a good look at who they were. Ser Timothy, Lady Liza Packton, and LORD GUY. I knew my suspicions about his name were correct!!! WELL, NOW YOU’RE ALL DEAD and holy shit, I got a lot of sovereigns from your bodies.
I get the sense that I am rapidly approaching the end of this DLC. I am frightened.
Mark Links Stuff
– You can follow me on Twitter for any updates and live commentary on upcoming reviews I’m writing.
– You should read this very important post about supporting Mark Does Stuff!
– Video commissions are just $25! You can commission me to read, watch, or play anything for current, past, or upcoming projects right here!
– The glorious Mark Watches Doctor Who: Series 4 ebook is now out and available for only $3.99!
– I’ve started reading The Shoebox Project for Mark Reads, the first fanfic “series” I’ve ever covered!
– Both Mark Reads Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince are now available in paperback form!