To facilitate suggestions of games or game series that folks would like me to play, this page will act as the central location for where you can recommend things for me to play! There are rules to how this will work so that I can keep this organized, so PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU LEAVE A SINGLE COMMENT.
1) Please make a suggestion for a specific title only once. Do not make a new comment thread for it. Upvote and add your comment to an existing thread. This way, I can see which title is the most requested; I tend to do those first. PLEASE READ THE CONFIRMED/DENIED LISTS FIRST TO SEE IF YOUR GAME IS ON A LIST. If it’s on neither, then read the comments.
2) List the title of the game and what platform you can play it on. For example, if you’re suggesting Fallout 3, list that title and say, “PC, Steam, PS3, Xbox, etc.” Whatever fits! If you’re suggesting a game that’s all online, link to it. If it is a board game, a tabletop game, a card game, or something that is not a video game, please tell me that, too. Sometimes, I will specifically seek out a new project by looking for a specific type of game.
3) Pitch the game to me. Why should I play it? Why do you think I will like it? Why do you think it would be interesting to see my take on it? Please avoid any and all major spoilers. Hell, if you can, tell me as little as possible so that you don’t bias me against the game. But do tell me stuff about the gameplay being fun, the story being challenging, the existence of great queer characters, the possibility of me having something fascinating to say about the setting, stuff like that. Is it going to be vague? Yes, I realize this. But it’s worked in the past, so it’ll work here, too.
4) DO. NOT. SPAM. ME. EVER. You are not only breaking the rules, you risk annoying me so much that I won’t cover a game just to spite you. I’ve done this in the past. DEAL.
Below, you will find games that I have CONFIRMED that I will do for Mark Plays. This is not listed in the order that I will play these games; it’s merely alphabetical so that it’s easy to find if a game is on the list.
- 7th Guest (on the iPad)
- Ace Attorney games
- Assassin’s Creed series
- Batman: Arkhum Asylum
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Borderlands 2
- Chrono Trigger series
- Deus Ex games
- Dungeons & Dragons. Yes. Really. I’ll figure out the logistics.
- Dragon Age series
- Fable series
- Final Fantasy series (Yes, ALL of them.)
- Ghost Trick
- Half-Live series
- Hatoful Boyfriend
- Heavy Rain
- Kingdom Hearts (I’ll figure out the logistics of this)
- Mass Effect series
- Metal Gear Solid, 1-4
- Monkey Island series
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
- Planescape: Torment
- Pokeman SOMETHING. I’ve never played any of them, but I’ll figure it out.
- Portal 2
- Resident Evil series
- Silent Hill 2 (possibly 3 and 4, too)
- The Sims 3 (SHUT UP I WANT TO DO THIS)
- Skyrim (I played this once for 6 hours and I was so awful at it that I must document a full playthrough for the world.)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1, 2
- Team Fortress 2
- World of Goo
The games on this list are all ones that I will NOT play for Mark Plays. I might give a reason why I rejected a game, but generally, it’s because I have already played it or I have been too spoiled about it.
- Bioshock 1, 2
- Dead Island
- Fallout 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Guitar Hero (all of them pretty much)
- Katamari Damacy (OH GOD THE BEST GAMES EVER)
- LEGO: Harry Potter Years 1-4, Indiana Jones, Batman, all the Star Wars ones.
- Little Big Planet
- Resistance 1, 2
- Rock Band (all of them, too.)
- Silent Hill (only the first one)
- Uncharted 1, 2, 3